Many organizations struggle to obtain sufficient quantity or quality of phytochemicals required to produce active compounds used in manufacturing across Pharmaceutical, Traditional Herbal Medicines, Cosmetics, Food Ingredients/Nutrition industries. Phyton Biotech can provide its global customers safe and reliable specialty fermentation solutions.
Producing Phytochemicals with Plant Cell Fermentation (PCF®) Technology
At Phyton Biotech we develop and apply sustainable specialty fermentation solutions. As global leaders in Plant Cell Fermentation (PCF®) technology, Phyton Biotech strives to provide solutions to customers seeking vital active compounds. We have state-of-the-art, GMP certified PCF® facilities located in both Canada and Germany and operate the world’s largest Plant Cell Fermentation (PCF®) technology facility with more than 200,000 litres of fermentation capacity.
Our world-class facilities coupled with our expertise, means that we are uniquely equipped to address the entire development chain in the production of phytochemicals. Our expansive experience enables us to support customers with everything from the initial sourcing and selection of plant material to analytical development and scale-up, enabling them to achieve full commercial production.
Watch the Video Now to Learn More
How Does Plant Cell Fermentation (PCF®) technology Work?
Plant Cell Fermentation (PCF®) technology promotes the natural processes of plant growth and biosynthetic pathway expression in a controlled and fully defined fermentation environment. Plant Cell Fermentation technology has many advantages over traditional methods of producing phytochemicals. Below is an insight into our process:
- Plant Sourcing – We begin by sourcing the best starting material, without destroying nature. The starting material comes from a cryopreserved cell bank and we are proud to use non-GMO viable plant cell suspensions.
- Cell Line Development – Once we have sourced the start material, we use the best natural cell factories from the plants and capture plant diversity in cell lines.
- Cell Culture Development – Moving on to cell culture development, we ensure that we provide the best culture conditions to allow the highest production performance of cells
- Cell Bank – Cryopreservation secures cell line diversity and just one viable cell is enough as starting material to create tonnes of product.
- Upstream Fermentation – This stage eliminates supply constraints, allowing for commercial scale. Upstream fermentation is fully controlled, and it is scalable up to 75,000L bioreactors.
- Product Recovery and Fermentation – We finish the process with product recovery and fermentation. This can be anything from enriched extracts to purified APIs, depending on specific customer requirements.
The Results? The required active ingredient is successfully produced with Phyton Biotech’s Plant Cell Fermentation (PCF®) Technology!
Why Use Plant Cell Fermentation (PCF®) to Produce Phytochemicals?
In comparison to other more traditional methods for developing and producing phytochemicals, Plant Cell Fermentation (PCF®) Technology has many benefits including:
High Quality Guaranteed
Phyton Biotech’s Plant Cell Fermentation (PCF®) Technology has a strictly controlled GMP manufacturing process from start to finish, ensuring all phytochemical products produced meet the quality requirements of different industries. The technology is registered in every major country in the world and is inspected by major regulatory agencies including the FDA, Health Canada and EMA.
Reliable & Sustainable
As well as producing high quality results, Plant Cell Fermentation (PCF®) is also incredibly reliable. It gives full control over the entire supply chain and is able to overcome the supply constraints associated with rare or hard to access plant species. Plus, our award-winning manufacturing process meets green chemistry and sustainable principles. So, if you are working with endangered or environmentally sensitive plant species then Plant Cell Fermentation (PCF®) is a highly sustainable option.
Flexible & Scalable
Our technology allows us to be flexible and scalable. No matter the quantity you need to produce, we can help you get there with short lead times. We have access to an enormous collection of cryopreserved plant cell cultures, and we have the capacity to meet more than a third of the global demand for paclitaxel and docetaxel.
Plant Cell Fermentation: A Reliable Solution for Your Industry
The Plant Cell Fermentation (PCF®) process is a dependable and cost-effective supply solution for phytochemicals and plant-based molecules. Our team have extensive experience working with Plant Cell Fermentation (PCF®) across a broad range of industries and we can work with you to develop the optimal process to meet your phytochemical production needs.
Currently, Phyton Biotech provides tailored manufacturing solutions to organizations in the following industries:
- Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Food Ingredients
A Plant Cell Fermentation (PCF®) Solution Tailored to Your Organization
Phyton Biotech operates out of manufacturing facilities in both Canada and in Germany and we are proud to have the world’s largest cGMP PCF® facility. Could Plant Cell Fermentation Technology be a solution for your organization? Get in touch with the world’s foremost provider of “green” Plant Cell Fermentation (PCF®) Technology today to find out and learn how Phyton Biotech can sustainably deliver a cost-effective development service to meet all your phytochemical production needs.